Challenge Rules

Monday, June 23, 2014

Challenge #37: 4th of July/Patriotic


4th OF JULY/PATRIOTIC

If we receive at least 15 entries, the prize for this challenge will be a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 150 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
If we have less than 15 entries, the winner will receive this SVG set: LIBERTY BELL.  Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the "Creative Choice" button.

Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts.


Carolyn used the Patriotic Set to create a card with fireworks bursting off the top.  She says:  "As I am on vacation, and do not have my Cameo with me, I used my daughter-in-law's trusty Cricut Expression to cut this file out, using SCAL2, of course.  I created a topper for the cardbase, from the shadow of the title, and then cut out the background in Kraft paper, and the title in red smooth construction paper (found in the Art Dept of Wal-mart and comes in a 8.5x11 pad).   Using the stars from the cutfile, I cut out five more to place on foam tape along the edge of the card." Visit Carolyn's blog:  Granny Ma's Creative Blog

Ruth created an star spangled scrapbook layout.  She says:  "If you're like me, there's a lot to love about the 4th of July. I love the parades, all the red, white and blue and fireworks. Yes, I was one of those that used to go even as an adult without kids! I just love them! And the Patriotic Set from the Creative Pointe has the perfect title and elements to go along with my fireworks pictures! So, I hope you'll swing on by my blog to take a closer peak at my layout and I hope to see your creations popping up that celebrate the fourth in whatever way you enjoy the most!"  Visit Ruth's blog:  Paper and Musings


 

 
Carmen is our Canadian DT member so she created a cool Canada Day banner and centerpiece using the maple leaf file from the Fall Leaves set.  She says:  "The maple leaf from The Creative Pointe’s cut files is the perfect way to show your support for Canada!"  Visit Carmen's blog:  Carmen's Creations

Cindy got out the red, white and blue vinyl and created this set of tumblers using the stars from the  Patriotic Set.  She says:  "I needed inexpensive (but nice) prizes for a baby shower.  And as the baby is due around the 4th of July, I thought making a set of these glasses would be something everyone could appreciate."  Get more details by visiting Cindy's blog:  The Creative Pointe

Shelissa's pretty patriotic card was created using the heading from the Patriotic Set.  She used a great matching ribbon and Star Dust Stickles to pull it all together.  Visit Shelissa's blog:  Shelissa"s Craft Studio

Heather also used a file from the Patriotic Set to create this vintage inspired project.  Get all the details at Heather's blog:  My Artistic Adventures

Tina created a wonderful July 4th layout.  She says:  "I chose to use two different cutting files for my layout. I used the Uncle Sam Hat Freebie and the Patriotic Set (the pennant). I sized down both cuts to work with what I had in mind for my layout. The pennants to 2" wide and the hat to 2.5" high. I used the pennants for a border accent and the hat for some patriotic diecut action on the layout. To see more detailed photos you can stop by my blog."  Tina's blog:  Tina's Scrap Corner

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
(1)You MUST use a SVG or similar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.
(2)  NO BACKLINKING.  Only projects posted on or after Challenge start date will be accepted.


1 comment: